Adobe and FCPX board?

Arthur Graham-Maw Mar 29, 2014

1. Hi LGG members,

didn't know where else to ask this and couldn't see anyone mentioning this before.

Would it be possible to add an Adobe and FCPX board in the Tools forums? I know this forum is primarily used for Colourist hardware/software discussions though editing programs are part of the workflow.

Perhaps put it to the vote?

Thank you.

2. I there are already well over 100 different forums out there for editors and Final Cut Pro users. The one I check into occasionally is the LA Final Cut Pro User Group, which is very busy and can generally supply answers for questions within half a day or less. Good people there. (Changed its name sometime back to the LA Creative Pro User Group, to add support for Premiere and reflect the vast dislike for FCPX.)

3. Thank you very much, I shall check out.

4. Jason Myres

Jason Myres Moderator

Thanks for the suggestion, Arthur. I personally like FCPX and Premiere, but Marc has the right idea; there are a lot of outlets for Final Cut Pro and Adobe users, as well as Avid, and other editorial apps.

We started LGG to create a forum with a focus on color, but know that there are a lot of components at play in post-production. We can always add whatever topics we need to, but for the moment, editorial discussions are covered under Post Workflow.

Adobe Premiere discussions are always welcome in the SpeedGrade forum, and Media Composer under Avid. We did have a forum for Apple Color (and even Magic Bullet Colorista/ Looks) for our first several months, but there were literally no posts, so we took it down.

5. Thank you, Jason. Completely understandable, I only mentioned because the design of this forum has a nice layout and function. Some alternative forums not so much. - But Post Workflow, SpeedGrade and Avid it is then. Appreciated.

6. I like to use Creative Cow for FCP and Adobe. But I agree, I like the design of this forum and also the community.