Black Market Trailer

Tom Loveridge Sep 22, 2016

1. Hi All,

I have just seen the trailer for Viceland's Black Market, going to be shown in the UK this week.

I have a quick question regarding the look/colour of one shot (attached).

I have been trying to create this just for my own satisfaction using a similar shot but I cant seem to get the highlight colours anywhere near close to what is seen in the trailer?

Is it a really desaturated green?

Any help would be great! Screenshot of your colour wheels if you get it would be even better!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. So much depends on lighting and exposure on set, it's hard to say. But I think using some highlight roll-off with soft clips, plus some highlight desat and some windows, all of that can do a lot towards "shaping" the material. I generally lean towards having very clean, white highlights unless the director & DP specifically want to go with an eerie, unsettling feel. For example, I did a sci-fi movie a couple of months ago where I had a preset for "the evil green look," and a lot of that was green/cyan highlights with some added glow.

Walter Volpatto likes this.
  3. I keep my highlight yellowish... I'm romantic...

But yes, there is a lot of desaturation in that shot, with a light feeling of warmth....

Marc Wielage likes this.