Tapatalk Updated

Jason Myres Nov 13, 2014

1. Jason Myres

Jason Myres Moderator

We've just updated Tapatalk on the forum to the latest version. It has a number of improvements and some security fixes. If you're a Tapatalk user, let us know if you're having any problems.

2. Jason Myres

Jason Myres Moderator

Tapatalk has an issue of some sort, so we've deactivated momentarily. The iOS app isn't fetching content correctly and app itself is no longer available on the Apple App Store as of about 3PM Pacific on Nov 13th. I've submitted a support case and will post an update as soon as I hear back from them.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If for some reason there is a long term issue, we have other mobile forum readers we can move to.

3. I noticed I was getting advertisement lately while I have paid version of the app. Found that a bit weird.

But it sucks that it stopped working, I really enjoyed Tapatalk.

4. That would explain all of the weird stuff I've been seeing on the app. Also, not sure where this puts things, but i just had an update pushed to my phone for Tapatalk.

5. Jason Myres

Jason Myres Moderator

Tapatalk is available again on the Apple App Store, so I've turned it back on. If any of you run into problems, please post it here.

6. Jason Myres

Jason Myres Moderator

Tapatalk seems to be causing errors on the forum again, so I've had to deactivate it. I don't know what they did recently but something's not right.

I've looked at the other major option, Forum Runner, and I'm not sure it's something we want to move to. There is only a paid version, and from the images I've seen it doesn't look quite as complete as Tapatalk is.

A recently released update for our forum software includes a responsive layout optimized for mobile use, so that's the route we may go, as it will allow LGG to conform to whatever device you're using. Might look into doing that over an upcoming holiday while things are quiet.

Nick Eason likes this.
  7. Well, that explains a lot!
    Yea, Tapatalk went stupid. I was getting posts about motorcycles in Spanish linked to LGG.
    Thanks for keeping us posted!

DavidHildreth likes this.
  8. It's not deactivated, is it? I've been using it since before the start of this thread without seeing any interruptions. This response sent via tapatalk, even.

9. I can't access via Tapatalk for a while now, unfortunately. I wonder how you manage to do it Eric?

Eric B Johnson likes this.
  10. Jason Myres

Jason Myres Moderator

It's been deactivated as of Nov 15th. If they can come up with an update that fixes the forum feed, and doesn't disrupt posting on the LGG site itself, we can give it another try.

11. Magic? It's obviously not deactivated. I'm on an Android phone if it matters.
    Sent via tapatalk

12. Jason Myres

Jason Myres Moderator

If it's still functioning on your end, then that's definitely a bug. A couple questions...
    -If you look at the most recent posts you've received, what's the date?
    -Are you able to log out (in Tapatalk) and log back in again?
    -Are you able to navigate to specific topics by tapping on "Forums."

13. It says the forum as disabled it. What's the issue so I can log a complaint with the app development team.

14. Jason Myres

Jason Myres Moderator

The "disabled" message you're seeing comes from us having turned off the Tapatalk module for the forum. Tapatalk's servers control the flow of data from our forum to the iOS and Android app. The initial issue started when posts from a french-language motorcycle forum started populating the "Feed" thread for LGG in the Tapatalk app. The second issue was caused by a bug in the Java code for the Tapatalk forum module that started causing everyone to double-post accidentally while on the forum itself.

And now, according to Eric, his Tapatalk app for Android is still working even though we have it disabled. What's odd is that things functioned so smoothly for the last two years. I'm not sure who's in charge of development over there, but they could use a sit-down right about now.

15. Easy enough to send off a complaint email, just wanted to know what I could complain about :) . Thanks Jason.

16. 1. The forum is updating as normal. Is that what you mean?

2. I kind of don't want to, as I love reading lgg on my phone and don't want it go away. So, I don't know.

3. Yes I can browse manually through all the forums.

Basically everything works fine for me.

17. proof I'm not making this up

does this answer #1? its all the recent posts, forum is updating fine-

tapatalk.jpg

I just realized I don't have anything marked "Forums" but tapping on browse -

gets me here -

which I assume is what you mean.

18. Obviously photoshopped. Probably have some faked moon landing pics too.

Shawn Pinner and Pepijn Klijs like this.
  19. It looks very fake. Who the hell is Marc Wielage?